Day by Day
Purpose: To read and discuss the importance of living for God daily.
Bible Verses : 1 Corinthians 10:1-5 ; Galatians 5:16-18
READ: 1 Corinthians 10:1-5
● Why was God not pleased with most of them and were overthrown
into the wilderness?
● Due note the scripture states ‘many’ and not ‘all’. What did the few do
that was different from the many?
● Once the blessings of God are bestowed upon us, doesn’t mean we
stop living for Him and live according to the flesh.
● Too many times we either stop following after God because we have
received what we wanted, and/or we forget what God has done for
What must we do to help to prevent this?
READ: Galatians 5:16-18
● “...Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.” (5:16)
● When we have a daily walk and allow His word to speak to us, it is His voice we
will hear clearer and louder instead of our flesh.
● What is manifest by the flesh?
● How do we know if we are walking in the Spirit? What is manifest in us by walking
in the Spirit? (5:22-23)
When temptation does prevent itself we hear His voice showing us the way out of that
temptation. (Read 1 Corinthians 10:13)
This is why it is important we maintain a daily walk with God. When we remain in
communication with God, a deeper love for Him grows. Our eyes and heart are opened
to see His love for us much clearer. We don’t turn to Him only when we ‘need’ Him. We
follow Him because we have a love for Him and His word.